capture. In addition to these custom reports, there are several ready-made and standard reports that can extract critical information from a range of different functional areas such as sales, inventory service, accounting, production, purchasing, and operations. There is an Accounts Receivable Aging Report in SAP B1 that provide information about customers.
Also Read: 6 SAP Business One Service Module Tools to Transform Customer Service
What is Aging Report in SAP?
Organizations deal with multiple clients and customers across different domains. With the help of the Accounts Receivable Aging Reports, organizations can analyze the financial conditions of their customers and clients efficiently. These periodic reports analyze the pending invoices and help in classifying the accounts receivable of the client till that time. The aging report also provides financial insight into the company’s activities and its clients and customers.
Benefits of Aging Report in SAP
There are several benefits of using the Aging Report in SAP. Some of them are:
- Aging Reports can be used for risk assessment of clients and customers. The reports will help you determine whether a customer is turning into a credit risk owing to late or infrequent invoice payments. The organization can decide if they should continue doing business with the customer or if they’ve too much of a credit risk and there are high chances of them defaulting the payment again.
- Aging Reports come in handy when a company is preparing its annual financial statements as well. The findings in the report can be used to measure the quantity of bad debt in the financial statement that needs to be eliminated.
- Insights provided in the Aging Reports help companies analyze their existing functions and develop better organizational strategies as needed. They can use the report to find out where they are facing issues in collecting accounts and how they can be solved. The credit policies and selling strategies can then be changed as per the insights from the Aging Report.
- Accounts receivable aging reports provide in-depth information about customers as well. Using this report in an ERP solution like SAP Business One enables the firm to calculate how much customer receivable they owe for every customer. It also provides information about customers that have a zero balance and those who might be a potential risk to the organization.
The Aging Report tool for SAP Business One is quite easy to use and is quite critical for a business’s success as well. To run an aging report in SAP B1, follow these steps:
Step-by-Step Procedure for Running an Aging Report in SAP Business One:
- Navigate to the Main Menu and then search for Business Partners. From there, go to Business Partner Reports > Aging > Customer Receivables Aging.
- After clicking on the Customer Receivables Aging option, you’ll encounter selection criteria. You can choose the criteria as per the customer you want to search for. These criteria can be the customers you want to appear on the report or different segments of the aging report.
- The next step is to choose your customers. You can select your customers either through business partner properties or by customer group. If you want to select only a few customers, you can provide the range, or else, leave it blank to select all the customers.
- Now, you have to select the aging date. The aging date is the date that the report uses for aging the receivables. If you have to change the dates then it is necessary to indicate it or else the report defaults automatically on the same day.
- Once you’ve selected all the necessary criteria for the report, all you need to do is click on the OK button and execute the report. There are options in the report through which you can either just show the balances or the Accounts Receivable invoice details.
You can understand the finances of your business easily with the help of the SAP Business One Aging Report tool. It is a very useful tool and provides several other benefits as well. Managing your cash flow or evaluating the credit quality of your customers becomes easier with the Aging Report.
Also Read: Analytics and Reporting in SAP Business One
If you’re a growing business looking to leverage the Accounts Receivable Aging Report tool of SAP Business One or any other feature of SAP Business One, Praxis Info Solutions can be the partner you trust. We have years of industry experience working with several clients across sectors and have expertise in project management, business process knowledge, and product. Our solutions are easy to understand and the end users of the SAP systems can use them daily without any roadblocks.